Naturalization is an extremely important process that requires the attention of an experienced citizenship and immigration attorney. At Manesh & Mizrahi we guide individuals from around the world through the naturalization process so that they can become U.S. citizens.
U.S. citizenship is obtained by one of two ways:
Birth or naturalization. Unless you are born in the United States, or your parents were United States citizens at the time of your birth, you are required to go through the naturalization process to obtain citizenship.
At Manesh & Mizrahi, we will help you file important documents, review your citizenship application, handle any issues or problems that may arise, and prepare you for your interview with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
There are certain requirements you must meet in order to qualify for U.S. citizenship:
- You must have lived in the U.S. as a legal permanent resident for at least five years; if you are married to a U.S. citizen, you must have had permanent residency for three years.
- You were present in the U.S. for three of those five years.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You did not make any other country your permanent home during your permanent residency in the U.S.
- You must have good character.
- You must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- You must know the history and government of the United States.
- You must pledge your allegiance to the United States and accept the principles of the U.S. Constitution.